What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text files, consisting of letters and numbers that the website you are visiting requests to store on your computer. Cookies are generally used for allowing visitors to use the website’s services and to track the visitor’s movements within the site.
There are two types of cookies.
- Persistent cookies save a file on your computer for a longer period of time and remain until you remove them or they expire.
- Session cookies are temporarily stored on your computer and are deleted when you close your web browser.
The above mentioned cookies are divided into (i) first-party cookies, which are set by the domain that you are visiting and (ii) third-party cookies, which are cookies set by a third-party domain. At Tretorn, third-party cookies are primarily used for analyses (such as Google Analytics).
Our usage of cookies
We use both persistent cookies and session cookies consisting of both first-party cookies and third-party cookies. The primary purpose with our usage of cookies is to enable trading in our webstore, to improve the website for you by e.g. storing any personal settings so you don’t have to make certain selections each time you visit our website and help you keep track of which items you have put in your shopping cart, and to facilitate analyses of the traffic to our website.
Click here to see a list of our cookies.
The cookies we use are there for our services to function. We categorise our cookies and their usage according to the following:
- Necessary cookies: which are completely necessary to offer our basic services, e.g. our payment options. Our services would not work without these cookies.
- Security cookies: which make our services and your data safe and secure as they help us detect fraud.
- Function cookies: which enable us to save settings such as language or if we should auto-fill your details or not.
- Analysis cookies provide overall analytic information regarding your use of your web services and enable marketing by analysing your behaviour on our website to create more relevant offers.
Processing of cookies
You have the option to not consent to the usage of cookies and also to withdraw your consent, which you do by changing the settings in your computer so they don’t allow the usage of cookies. You can also set your computer’s web browser to give a warning each time the web site tries to place a cookie in your browser file. Through the settings in your web browser you can also delete cookies. If you use a computer, the settings for cookies can usually be changed in the settings of your web browser. If you use a mobile device you can usually do this by changing the settings in the operating system.
Note that if you choose not to accept the usage of all cookies, some of our web services cannot be used. Among others, you will not be able to use our online shopping function. Functions such as viewing items, seeing prices and other related information will still be available.
This information was last updated 2018-05-27